About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Saturday 9 April 2011

Ladies!

I have always been brought up to appreciate what I have got and at times like these I am very grateful.

  I am proud of who I am and what I’ve become over the years. I feel blessed that I am not one of these girls that have to go out looking like a prostitute to get male attention. Why would anyone do that? Sure, most men, it seems, are driven by one thing, yet there are some out there who aren’t just interested in that. What happened to women being proud of themselves and having a little self-respect? No wonder there is this constant pressure of women to ‘fit the ideal’ but can’t we break away from that? We are so used to being bombarded by little tarts on a night out that the rest of us are made to feel inferior. Dressing up for a laugh i.e. Hen parties I can understand, but actually thinking that the only way to ‘pull’ is ridiculous.

  If a man can’t see how wonderful you are as a person without having to look up your tiny skirt then he isn’t worth knowing. Yet, saying that, the impression you’re giving out says a lot about you even though that may not be accurate.

  Of course, as humans, it isn’t the personality you’re first attracted to, as you can’t tell what a person is like just by looking at them. However I think the confidence a person gives off is most attractive. I’m not talking about the arrogant idiot standing by the bar; I’m talking about someone who looks happy, approachable and interesting. I love the sort of people that stand about pouting as if they’re models…trust me darlin’, you aren’t all that!
 
  I’m happy not being really slim and just being a regular girl. I’m proud that I have my own opinions, beliefs and aspirations. My confidence was knocked a lot when I was younger but I find I’m happiest when I’m taken a step back just to sit and appreciate. I have been born in one of the most stunning places in the country and I am lucky to be able to live, still, close by to beautiful places. I think if I didn’t have opportunities to ground myself, I’d be very lost indeed.

  I have my own mind and I will stick to what I believe. I have a very few select friends who I see rarely but they have never messed me around. I’m tired of being labelled and expected to be a certain way just because of my age, but I think, in some respects, I’ve matured quite quickly.
 
  I never want to be seen as some slapper that goes out parading myself for that reassurance from a man. It just goes to show how insecure a person is and how they are choosing the wrong type of man. Obviously, in life, there are some people that are quite happy to go about like that and good luck to them! Yet this goes out to all the women, and men, who value themselves higher than to degrade themselves for the benefit of the opposite sex. I salute you! I’d rather die knowing I’ve valued myself and my life and not ended up with a reputation which most, my age seem to be getting.

  I’m a nice girl with a good heart and I’ve been given the chance to spend my life with a man who loves me, for who I am. He has the same outlook as me and is aware of real beauty not artificial, high maintenance looks. What more could I really want?

No comments:

Post a Comment