About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Sunday 10 April 2011

Jessie J

This is my homage to one extraordinary woman.
I first discovered Jessie J from her music video for 'Do it like a dude' I LOVED the track but hated her in the video. I thought she was just going to be another rubbish singer who had to act like a slag to promote her music. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt so I had a look on youtube. I heard her singing 'Who you are' boombox series and I was blown away. It was so refreshing to hear a talented and strong female making her way into the charts. She has a phenomenal voice no matter what anyone says and her presence is even greater.

I'm really pro-freedom of speech and I think that Jessie is definitely using her media status to promote fantastic things to the younger generation who look up to her. She stands up for being true to yourself and following the path you want in life and for that I salute her. It's finally happened! Someone that I can really agree is a good role model to young girls finding their way in life.
I don't normally praise pop artists quite this much but it's so great to finally find someone that even I can look up to. I feel inspired when I watch her perform and it makes me want to go on, work hard and do my best.

Not only is she a fantastic vocalist she wears some of the greatest outfits I've ever seen. It's such a laid back style but when she is on stage there are no boundaries. It's all about being confident in your own skin and feeling that it doesn't matter what you wear, who it's by, how much it cost; aslong as you feel good then it shouldn't matter. That is one of the mantras I have always lived by so it's great to see someone in a positin of 'power' spreading the word too.

So since I was 13 and I was last in love with a pop act (Westlife!) I have finally found someone else I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment