About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Thursday 9 February 2012

We fell in love in a hopeless place

Love is a word that is thrown about so freely that at times it can lose it’s meaning. To love another is to give yourself wholly. Are there really lessons in love? Well, of course. As people we must love and lose to truly understand it’s grace and power. From crushing heartbreak comes a lesson. No matter what the cause of any relationship ending we can all learn from each experience to gain a better perspective on what we really want from another. I do not believe in there only being one person for each of us in this world. I also do not believe in love at first sight, however, I do believe that someone so incredible that they take your breath away can turn your life upside down in a second. I have been lucky enough to meet that person. After years of knowing one another from a distance, he was always the last person I ever expected to fall for, but here I am totally head over heels in love.
  After a variety of relationships, some short, some more serious others completely rubbish to those, which have brought me happiness, I am able to actually understand the power that love has. There are all kinds of different types of love and how love can be expressed. There is love for your family, love for friends, love for passions and interests within life or those as enchanting as for a life partner. These are all expressed in countless different ways, through physical contact, words or just a simple understanding, yet each is as influential as the other.
  Falling in love can be one of the most beautiful experiences we are given the opportunity of feeling. Sometimes it can be a gradual process whilst other times it can be sudden and hit you like a tonne of bricks. I am very forthright with how I feel when it comes to love and like. I know my own mind, my own feelings and I know how I feel and I would not say it unless I mean it. When you fall in love it’s like an awakening. You see the world in a different way, through different eyes. Everything seems to just fall in to place. I felt like my life had shifted when I fell in love, he had changed my priorities and made me see how everything can change within a second if you allow it. With positive encouragement come positive experiences. I feel I have turned full circle in the last month or so, just from his support and love. He inspires me in a way that it makes me want to be a better person. I can see myself achieving almost anything because I know I have him with me.
 For years I trudged through each day just ‘getting on with it’, not expecting anything incredible to happen but then one day, it did. It was so sudden, so unexpected but for someone like me, who never has any luck, this was amazing. We had known each other for a while, through work and other people, but never before had it occurred to me that he would be the one. How scary is it to say that? The One. 
  I always dreamt of the big wedding, having my own family, growing old with the man of my dreams. There are many people who think that life can’t be that simple, but I will always argue why not? Life is only made over complicated because we make it that way. Of course, life throws obstacles at us all the time but it’s how we overcome the problems that make us who we are. To think that after all these years of failed relationships and heartbreak I would be sitting here writing about how one man has changed the way I look at life.
  He, in my eyes, has always been amazing. I don’t ever remember anyone having a bad word to say about him and maybe that’s one of the reasons I never did anything about how I felt. Bad boys are never worth the hassle, as I’ve found out through experience. I always thought that being treated like crap was how it was meant to be. I’d gotten so used to having people mess me around I didn’t think or believe I deserved to be happy. I am proof that love can strike at any moment and under any circumstance, it’s all about patience and belief. Don’t go looking for love; let it come to you naturally. This whole process makes the wait even more worthwhile especially when you have found the perfect person for you.
  I only saw him a couple of times a week and it would never be more than a ‘Hi. How are you?’ but I always thought there was something about him, something I couldn’t quite put my finger on.
  Back in the day he was with a girl, they looked really good together and I was always jealous of her. She was tall, pretty and to make it worse, skinny! They always seemed really happy but I did used to wonder to myself when they used to walk past why he went for her. Her history and attitude is something I will never understand. I guess it’s the same as going for bad boys, you always think you can change them and they’ll love you. Deep down though you know that will never happen.
 

  I am now at a point in my life where I feel grounded, confident in my own skin, as though I can do anything. This has come after a lot of soul searching, loss, loneliness and struggle but it’s here now. Life and love lessons are those to be cherished and enjoyed, for without them, we would be mere soulless shells.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment