About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Thursday 9 February 2012

We always seek better

From early on I realised I never felt quite complete unless I was either writing or performing. I find comfort in words and how easily they can affect us. A motivating speech or a delicate poem can transport us to a whole new way of looking at life. A favourite of mine comes from ‘Leisure’ by W.H. Davies. It evokes a sense of bliss within me and reminds me of the beauty that sits outside the four walls in which I live. Just simple words can have such a strong message; they can make you passionate and appreciative of what you have within your life now. Reading that poem brings a sense of calm to any day.
  I am blessed to live surrounded by such beautiful landscape. Not only am I by the sea but also I am lucky enough to have the rolling hills of the South Downs around me. To take a walk along the promenade or along the cascading hills brings me inspiration and gratitude to the life I have, no matter what hardship I am facing. Being among this dazzling beauty reignites my passion for living, it inspires me to write which in turn I hope to inspire others. I took a walk earlier today and as I looked out across the landscape I saw what I could only describe as perfection. The peaceful countryside lay before me in all it’s glory, as I looked down upon the town in which I live I wondered to myself whether others ever saw the world in a similar way to me. As the cars trundled down the road was everyone content, could they all see the splendour that I could see?
  At 21, I have come to learn how everyone is unique, original and important. Of course, I knew this before, we are all taught of equality and fairness throughout life and this is so very significant. It is highly vital to feel self-assured within an ever-changing world. I have come to a point in life where I feel complete and although there will always be areas of improvement, I feel as though I know myself, my capabilities and weaknesses.
  It’s hard to come to this point of realisation without taking inspiration from others and situations. No matter what negativity is affecting your life right now, you must always remember that there is someone else out there either going through worse, or is in the same situation. As much as we are all unique we are all united in the sense that we face difficulties at intervals during our lives. I sometimes get the feeling that I was born at the wrong time and in the wrong place, I’ve always felt disjointed from the rest of the world. It’s odd to describe but harder to understand, trust me!
  Take time out for yourself and find a place that you can use to ground yourself. Let your spirit lift and your soul recharge. It doesn’t have to be every day it can be as little as once every few weeks; but if you need the time, take it! The world won’t come to an end if you take some time for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment