About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Monday 6 February 2012

Getting old

  My jobs involves working with old people. I love it. I never thought this would be something I could enjoy but in actual fact, it's one of my favourite jobs I've had so far!
  It's not always nice seeing the people I look after. Not because of the people but purely for what's wrong with them. Old age can sneak up on you and catch you out so suddenly. I don't want to get old but I think it's starting early. 


  I don't want this to be a sad post about growing old but let's just remember that although they drive slowly, take ages getting round the supermarket and hold up queues; they were young once and that will be you one day.


 At 22 years old I am finding myself increasingly pre historic. I take afternoon naps, I love Countryfile and I can't think of anything better than looking at curtain samples. Oh dear. That's another thing; does saying 'my dear' a lot make me old? Either way, I never expected myself to be doing this. I used to vow that I'd always hate garden centres and I'd never care about soft furnishings. I always used to moan when I was younger when I got 'dragged' to the garden centres, it used to bored me senseless; now, I can't wait to have my own garden and vegetable patch.
  Emmerdale is another thing I have found 'soothes my inner oldie'. I watch it religiously and if I am working I try to remember to record it! Let's not start on my memory or I will be booking myself in to the nursing home I work at!
  Maybe growing older isn't such a bad thing. Maybe there isn't anything to be scared of or maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better about turning in to my nan. Who knows? Either way, I am going to grow old gracefully and bloody enjoy my younger years until I can't remember what I did 5 minutes previously.


  Lovely my dear. Right, I'm off for my evening tea and nap before I start my knitting ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment