About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Thursday 23 February 2012

Blinded by self doubt

  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has days like this. The sudden feeling that you haven't and/or won't achieve anything in life. It doesn't even have to last for a day, it could just be a few minutes of self doubt and you end up thinking you're the worst person in the world. This isn't true though, you aren't. In fact by having this brief spell of self doubt it goes to show that you have something you want to do, you're just being a worrier. 
  There are plenty of people in this world who are natural born worriers, then there are those who are so laid back they go full circle. I like to think I'm a mix of the two; I hope, nearer the laid back side of things, but others will probably tell you different. I know people at both ends of the scale but I couldn't imagine being like that. Not caring about anything or worrying so much about every little detail that it consumes you? No thanks, you can keep that to yourself.


  Self doubt is something we all encounter through our life journey. Without it we can't be inspired or encouraged to go on. The doubt helps, it gives you the opportunity to say, 'I will do this and I will prove it to myself, and everyone.' Doubting our abilities is a natural thing to do. I doubt, sometimes,  that I will ever be in a job that I've always wanted to do; due to not going to University. No matter what happens, going to University will always be a last resort, I don't believe a piece of paper should make you more qualified for a job if you have talent and passion. 


  Once you've found something you've always wanted or that makes your heart flutter even more then go for it! Ignore the little voice that's telling you that you're no good at anything. So, there may be loads of people all going for the job, you might think other people write better than you or you might not have the same start in life as everyone? Who, actually cares? If you think you've got a chance then give it a damn good go! 'You only get one chance in life to make a difference.'

No comments:

Post a Comment