About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Wednesday 22 February 2012

It comes from anywhere

  I've just read a blog by a good friend of mine, Vicky. It was eye opening to see a someone else's idea of inspiration and this, in turn, inspired me to write this.
  I thought of what inspired me, was it song lyrics, a celebrity, a member of my family or something else, even more simple? On reflection I remembered a time when I had my first proper realisation. Sat in a field, at 16 years of age in the village I grew up, Crowhurst. It was summer time, there was a gentle breeze and the sun beat down on me as I looked across one of my favourite views. This, for me, was, and still is perfection. I remember sitting there and realising that life isn't as bad as I thought it was. I had very dark days from the age of 10. I suffered with depression for years but didn't do anything about it until I was about 16. Still, to this day, I suffer with it and this is something I am not ashamed, or afraid, to talk about. 
  I used to go for walks all the time and loved spending time outdoors exploring the place I grew up in. It was my release. My time to reflect on things that were getting me down. However, this particular instant I felt like my eyes had really been opened to what was going on in my life and why I felt so alone. It triggered a remarkable, on-going recovery for me and as I began college, my life picked up tremendously. I looked out at this view and thought, 'I am better than this. I can get through it and I will.' 


  Inspiration can come in such a wide variety of forms. As I mentioned before it could be from a song, celebrity or even a family member, but no matter where it comes from it can always be used in such a positive way. Inspiration can overwhelm you at times. I find this especially true when I write. If something inspires me I write. I may not always publish it but if I have something that has captured me, I have to document it. Granted, it might not always be an incredible piece of prose but it is always going to be something personal to me that I can look back on at any given time. 


  I am firm believer that you should stick to what you love and what you believe. No one has the right to tell you that your idea of inspiration is wrong. We are all unique and look at the world in different ways. I am fascinated by other people and I could quite happily sit in the shopping centre and observe. This is another source of inspiration for me; people. They don't have to say or do anything, just their general behaviour is interesting. You wonder what are they like, what are they thinking, what inspired their choice in clothes or choice in partner. All these things are unique to that person and only until you ask will you really know. 


  The countryside and people, whether they be famous or not, these are my top inspirations. There are numerous amount of things that can take your breath away, shock or even disgust you but each thing can bring a reaction. This is inspiration.


  Embrace it. Feel it. Be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment