About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Photogenic reject

  Sadly, I wasn't blessed with the face of a goddess, or the body, come to think of it. I've got my wobbly bits and other hang ups but generally, I think I can scrub up well; until I am in front of a camera. 
  
  What is it with the flash of the bulb that suddenly turns me in to a quivering wreck? I end up pulling God awful faces and my body looks contorted! Some people are just natural in front of a camera, I am more like some self-conscious, genetic throw back that has appeared from the depths. It isn't pretty, trust me.
  
  I went for the photo shoot with my partner and needless to say I actually enjoyed it. Our photographer, Jane, put me at ease instantly. Making me laugh and showing me how to take the best photos. It was fun which was the most surprising part of it all. I didn't feel nervous, I began to almost pose. ("Head down, eyes up. Show me the whites of your eyes Hannah!") A week later we were invited to a little pre-Christmas shindig at her studio and seeing as there was free wine and mince pies, we had to go! After a few glasses of vino we decided to look at the photos that were taken. Oh my God. It is very apparent that I will never get on Britain's Top Model! Some were truly atrocious yet others were lovely. My partner and I sitting back to back and turning to one other, smiling was my favourites, whereas, one of my 'serious' shots looked like I was about to go on some murderous rampage. 


  A photo is a memory. If you were happy and enjoying yourself, who cares what you look like? After all, you only live once.





No comments:

Post a Comment