About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Thursday 12 January 2012

The Sisterhood

  This blog is aimed at girls all over the world. We are part of what is known as 'The Sisterhood'. A united front of women sticking together. So what happened to that? Where did that all go that it became socially acceptable to either ditch your friends for a guy, ditch you for one of your exes or even cheat with someone who has a missus? To be honest, there is no reason that any of these should be acceptable.
    
  


  An old friend of mine broke 'The Sisterhood' when she ditched me to spend time with my ex. Okay, it sounds pretty bad but I will just point out that said friend didn't start dating my ex but she did suddenly become very good friends with him, rather than support me. As you may have guessed, she is no longer what I'd class as a friend. After all those years together, I helped her grow as a person, I helped her through some really rough times and that's the thanks I get. That hurt me pretty hard. I never thought someone I had trusted with all those teary chats about him would suddenly amount to her leaving me for him! I've worked out why they became good friends, simply, because of 'weed'. That's another topic all together but let's just say it doesn't make me happy at all.


  As I get older I realise that settling down with a partner is tough work but I still know that I must take time to be with friends. Unfortunately, my unemployment and situation has meant that I haven't been able to see mine often but I still text/email to see how people are. Never, have I actually ditched my friends to be with my partner and that is something I will never do. If I have made plans with friends unless there is an emergency I will go! That applies also to my partner, I always try and support him with everything he does but, as we all know, it isn't always possible.


  I think my biggest crime against 'The Sisterhood' are the women who cheat with a man who is in a relationship. If you are one of these people, how dare you? Who do you think you are that you can wreck someone else's relationship through your selfish lust? There is no excuse. If the guy hits on you whilst he is with someone else then surely that tells you something pretty obvious? He's a player and not worth your time. He may promise that he will leave the other girl for you and maybe he will, but who's to say he isn't doing exactly the same thing to you? There is no way you can begin a new relationship with a cheating man, there can't be any trust there. Looking over your shoulder and checking up on what he's doing just in case he is doing the same thing to you. Heartbreaking to say the least. It's one thing I cannot stand and I am sure most would agree. Love is hard enough to come by without making yourself look cheap and easy in the process. I know we all make mistakes but sometimes some are bigger than others and we need to learn from them.


  For the sake of 'The Sisterhood' please don't be selfish and remember that us girls are all in it together! We understand ourselves, unlike men! Stand together and be proud to be a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment