About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Friday 4 January 2013

Resolute

I decided this year I would bother with resolutions. 2012 was disastrous for me. I lost too much. I gained barely anything. Apart from the will to change. Well that and a ridiculous amount of weight.

My resolutions weren't designed to be something I did or accomplished straight away and in fact I started one of them before new year actually arrived. I quit smoking two weeks ago, today. I had a couple of tokes on NYE but quite honestly, I've done well. I'm proud of myself.

My resolutions have been planned around my last year and what I hated about it mostly.

1) Try and make friends. I am useless at this and too scared to become friendly with people because I am adamant they will hurt me; which, previous experience has taught me, is true. This will not be true of everyone and I need to find the ones who won't hurt me. I want to spend more time with the people I do actually have and I will.
2) Lose weight. This should be fairly simple seeing as I have the perfect diet designed by an amazing person. Plus I know it works as I have done it before.
3)Quit smoking. See previous comment.
4) Blog more. I don't know why really, considering I get to blog as much as I want all day because of my job. It's not the same though, I have the freedom to write what I want but not full freedom. I wanted to write daily, just to express how I feel but writer's block has prevented me the last couple of days, hence why my resolutions are a few days in to the new year.

That is literally it. I have no desire to pressure myself in to too much too soon. 

I need to be happy with everything in small bits. I need to do it in manageable chunks rather than bog myself down with too much at one time. I can do it. I know I can and I am not expecting to do too much straight away.

I don't like the way people criticise people for saying 'new year, new me.' Why is that a bad thing? Okay, maybe not all of them will make a change but at least they have made the effort to initially think of doing something. And that's a start. What have the critics done? Hmmm.

Happy new year people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment