About Me

My photo
Eastbourne, East Sussex, United Kingdom
I live for originality and people with something to say. If you have an opinion then we will get on just fine. I appreciate everything I have in life and I've learnt a lot. I'm a happy go lucky, quirky girly and for some reason I like being called Case :] <3

Monday 16 April 2012

Working hard or hardly working?

  Relationships are hard going sometimes and maybe that is the fun of them. I am sure we have all thought we are 'head over heels in love' during our lives but were we really? There is a lot more to a relationship than just love. Can you have fun together, do you trust one another, are you both honest? 
  It is easy to make the mistake of convincing yourself you are in love just to fit in, almost. We see friends in relationships all loved up and feel that we should be the same. Posting gushy messages to one another, adding lots of photos, appearing to be the most romantic couple around. Please! Don't get me wrong, it's nice but not mandatory.


  I am lucky enough to be in a grown up relationship. We have both been in disastrous pairings before but now we have found a common ground. Two adults, with mental ages of pre-school kids, both in work, both with ambition and both with sense. We have nicknames for each other which are just ridiculously soppy, in a sense but I like it. (Neither will be divulged, but I'm sure if you follow my tweets you will have noticed what I refer to him as.)
  He is a little older than me, which I think is a good thing. It means he constantly moans about being old, can't cope with a hangover and enjoys looking at furniture; but it also means he treats me like a grown up (most of the time!) I can have a real conversation with him about anything without having to discuss latest updates on Facebook (yawn). We don't need to post photos of each other constantly and write gushy statuses about how much we love one another; we know we do. 
  It's not always been plain sailing sure, but what is? We don't really argue, we bicker more. It's as though we are so alike that we just know how to rub each other up the wrong way; if you get my meaning. Yet through all the difficult times we know that at the end of it we will be fine.


  Maybe by having these hard times we learn how to make the most out of what we have. True love can't be defined. You just know. If you are lucky enough to have someone in your life that takes your breath away then hold on to them. Although if they treat you like rubbish then show them the door. You may love them but it isn't always enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment